Clay McClure wrote:
> On 9/25/07, Ihsan Zaghmouth <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>

>> The following patch has been withdrawn and until a new version is released
>> you can not use LU on systems with zones
>> Solaris 10 sparc 120272-12SMA Patch . 120011-14 depends on it
>>
>> The following patch has been withdrawn and until a new version is released
>> you can not use LU on systems with zones
>> Solaris 10 x86 120273-13SMA patch . 120012-14 depends on this
>>
>>  The SMA patch for both SPARC and X86 has been WITHDRAWN.
>>

> Why does Sun offer patches that depend on withdrawn patches? That
> seems counter-productive :)
>
> We ran into a problem with our S10U3 deployment that required the
> application of 120012-14. This happened on 9/19, the very day that
> 120073-13 was withdrawn. Editing (hacking) some pkginfo files tricked
> patchadd into thinking 120273-13 was already applied, but I'm still
> having trouble applying 120012-14.

hmm, I know this is painful, but editing pkginfo to fool system in
thinking a required patch is installed can have very dire consequences,
as the requirement is there in order to deliver a either required
libraries or required functionality.
> Our installation (correctly or not) has zones on ZFS file systems.
> This seems to prevent the 'zoneadm mount' command from being able to
> loop-back mount the zone's root filesystem under
> /var/run/.patchSafeRoot/path/to/zone/root. I am curious if this would
> be a relatively simple problem to work around.

A fix for zones on zfs and VxFS is under way, we hope to release a fix
(119255 rev higher than 42 ) in the coming week.
I have not tried to workaround this problem yet, but I can have a look
tomorrow, sounds like running a patchadd -a which would fail, then
manually lofs mounting the missing zfs mount under the /var/run
directory, then rerunning pathadd might just succeed, but beaware this
is currently no more than a guess till I try this myself, do not try
this on any vital system :-). i work in Ireland so won't be back in
office till tomorrow.

sorry for all the inconvenience caused by this.
Enda