Enda,

If you go over the 72099 carefully, here is what it says now:

The following patch has been withdrawn and until a new version is released you can not use LU on systems with zones
Solaris 10 sparc 120272-12 SMA Patch . 120011-14 depends on it

The following patch has been withdrawn and until a new version is released you can not use LU on systems with zones
Solaris 10 x86 120273-13 SMA patch . 120012-14 depends on this

The SMA patch for both SPARC and X86 has been WITHDRAWN.
Reason: Adding patch 120272-12 or 120273-13 corrupts the /etc/sma/snmpd.conf file causing the snmpd services not to come up after patching.

That is what I am trying to convey. That is the confusion right here ! Its affecting the JP

Ihsan

Enda O'Connor wrote:
Hi
Appears there is some confusion here, what is the patch that is missing,
I though the patch list was complete by now, 9 thre were issues with the
u4 Ku not being available due to a requirement being uprev'ed.
I could be wrong, but as u4 is finished all patches are now cut.

Enda

Ihsan Zaghmouth wrote:

Hi Enda,

What is the status of the NOTE in 72099 ?  Are you saying that the
list is complete and that whatever is there is final and it should
work now ?
*Should the info doc be revised then ?  Please advise
*
NOTE: *This patch list is currently incomplete for Solaris[TM] 10
systems running zones. *
One patch that impacts patching zones is not available for either
SPARC or x86 platforms.
*If you are not using Live Upgrade on a system involving zones, the
patch list below is complete.*

Ihsan

Enda O'Connor wrote:

Hi
This should work,
are you using the latest released rev's of the patches listed, are you
using the packages from 8/07?

So
what are the exact steps you followed, and the step where the error occurs.

Enda

Sergiy Kolodka wrote:

Guys,
Can someone please confirm or deny if it is possible to do LiveUpgrade from Solaris 11/06 with zones installed to Solaris 8/07 ?

I've tried to apply all patches mentioned in 72099 doco from SunSolve, but lucreate keep complaining that I need to install all required patches in order to do upgrade with zones, and I'm pretty sure that I already have all them installed, actually I checked that five times and they are in fact. Whey I deattached zones process went pretty smooth, but that's not what I'm looking for.

So, am I missing something or LiveUpgrade with zones still doesn't work ?

Thanks !