On 9/25/07, Ihsan Zaghmouth <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> The following patch has been withdrawn and until a new version is released
> you can not use LU on systems with zones
> Solaris 10 sparc 120272-12SMA Patch . 120011-14 depends on it
>
> The following patch has been withdrawn and until a new version is released
> you can not use LU on systems with zones
> Solaris 10 x86 120273-13SMA patch . 120012-14 depends on this
>
>  The SMA patch for both SPARC and X86 has been WITHDRAWN.

Why does Sun offer patches that depend on withdrawn patches? That
seems counter-productive :)

We ran into a problem with our S10U3 deployment that required the
application of 120012-14. This happened on 9/19, the very day that
120073-13 was withdrawn. Editing (hacking) some pkginfo files tricked
patchadd into thinking 120273-13 was already applied, but I'm still
having trouble applying 120012-14.

Our installation (correctly or not) has zones on ZFS file systems.
This seems to prevent the 'zoneadm mount' command from being able to
loop-back mount the zone's root filesystem under
/var/run/.patchSafeRoot/path/to/zone/root. I am curious if this would
be a relatively simple problem to work around.

Thanks,

Clay