On Mon, May 18, 2009 at 3:32 PM, Jerry Jelinek <gerald.jeli...@sun.com> wrote:

> I don't know what "single" binary you are talking
> about.  If all of the sparse zones are running the same
> applications then there would sharing.  If they are
> running different applications or even running common
> apps at different times, then there would be little
> sharing.  The core OS daemons would be shared, but that
> isn't going to account for much.

It's a pretty big difference. 5meg for a sparse-root zone, maybe
100meg or more for a whole root. (Depending on what you run
that can make a huge difference. If you're running multi-gigabyte
java apps then it gets lost in the noise.)

I presume that zone clones get you quite a lot of the sharing back.

--
-Peter Tribble