If you like to keep your mails readable, please follow the rules and avoid
lines with more than 78 chars...

"valrh...@gmail.com" <valrh...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks for your message. I tried to download and install this, but there kept
> appearing more packages that I didn't have, had to download, and install.
> Eventually it was one i couldn't find (gdk-pixbuf-config).

All I can guess from this is that you probably tried to compile X-CDRoast
and tried to compile it in GTK-1 mode.

> I think in the bigger picture this is one of the things holding back broader
> adoption. As much as I love OpenSolaris and ZFS, there's maybe not enough
> resources to make this a bit easier to use. Everything has to be a bit of a
> chore. For doing stuff like setting up proper ZFS filesystems, it's fair to
> expect the user to need to invest some time learning. "zpool" is such a
> powerful tool, allowing so many new things, that it requires some education.

How is this related to "Nero Linux in zones"?

You need to learn every program and this is true in special on
microsoft environmnts. This is a result of the fact that MS implements
a contra-intiutive GUI. People learn this contra-intuitive behavior and
later complain against better GUIs _because_ they behave in a intuitive way....

> But, c'mon: CD burning? This problem was solved a decade ago. I like Nero,
> because I can aggregate various directories, click twice, and my DVD comes
> out verified five minutes later. The idea that i have to track down packages,
> or deal with Brasero (which I'm sure can be configured; I just don't want to
> spend the time for something that I already know how to do otherwise), just
> raises the barrier unnecessarily for people who want to try out OpenSolaris,
> get it working, and then explore its compelling new features.

Cdrecord exists since nearly 15 years amd it supports e.g. DVDs since more than
12 years. Nero started in 1998 and it supports DVDs since aprox. 6 years.
So sou are right: nobody needs Nero ;-)

> So I reiterate my question: has anyone gotten Nero Linux to run in a Zone,
> and if so, what's the best way to set it up? Thanks!

Nero does not work on Solaris because Nero does not support Solaris.
Did you try to ask Udo Eberlein or Richard Lesser?

But I don't have the impression that this discussion will bring us enywhere...

Just try to describe _why_ you believe that you need Nero.

Is there any feature missing in cdrecord?

 EMail:jo...@schily.isdn.cs.tu-berlin.de (home) Jörg Schilling D-13353 Berlin
       j...@cs.tu-berlin.de                (uni)
       joerg.schill...@fokus.fraunhofer.de (work) Blog: