On 4/11/2010 8:11 AM, Joerg Schilling wrote:
> "valrh...@gmail.com" <valrh...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> So I reiterate my question: has anyone gotten Nero Linux to run in a Zone,
>> and if so, what's the best way to set it up? Thanks!
> Nero does not work on Solaris because Nero does not support Solaris.
> Did you try to ask Udo Eberlein or Richard Lesser?
> But I don't have the impression that this discussion will bring us enywhere...
> Just try to describe _why_ you believe that you need Nero.

Assuming that his original problem is that mkisofs and cdrecord are just
too hard to use -- in comparison to the GUI-based features on other
systems -- I have to agree with the previous poster.  It's an important
gap, even if the features in the tools we have are objectively better,
and even if there are defects in the GUIs that others use.

I just wouldn't focus too much on Nero.  I think that's the wrong
target.  Macs are easier to use than that, and provide an object lesson
in how it's possible to make UNIX highly usable by the masses.  It might
not be the fun part of development (at least I don't view it that way
;-}), but providing good UIs goes a long way to making users productive
without forcing them to become grad students in each technical area.

James Carlson         42.703N 71.076W         <carls...@workingcode.com>