You (gaurav saxena) wrote:
> Hello
>
> 2010/6/30 Matthias Pfützner <matth...@pfuetzner.de>
>
> > I assume, it has something to do with the below error messages regarding
> > the
> > rpool. But, sadly, I'm not sure...
> >
> > Ok.
>

> > Which is OK, but for learning purposes might be a bit to lightwight... A
> > two-node cluster is better...
> >
> > Ok. But what I really want to do is something which can be done using
> single node cluster only.So I can just now do that with single node cluster
> and then try two-node cluster.

That's OK!

> > No, that's OK!
> >
> > Ok.
>

> > > No actually i just created two zfs filesystems on rpool as I have told
> > > earlier.
> > > Is it wrong ?
> >
> > I assume so, yes... As the thing, that can be moved are the POOLS, not the
> > zfs
> > Filesystems. Therefore, you would have needed a new pool, which can be
> > moved
> > from system to system... you can't MOVE the rpool, as that's needed for the
> > basic underlying OS... ;-)
> >
> > Ok. Actually I could not get much after reading about pools so I tried the
> shortcut way.
> Ok. I will try doing something else for it. Also one more thing I will tell
> you is that I have not created a separate "/globaldevices" as it was written
> in the manual.
> so scinstall asked me to use lofi device (I don't know what it means) and I
> accepted that option. Could it be a problem ?

No, that's OK!

> > > I think I can reinstall opensolaris only and install OHAC on it again but
> > > have reinstalled this for the second time only. :(
> >
> > I guess, you would NOT need to re-install, but to just DECONFIGURE all the
> > resources, storage et.al. that you did in the cluster config.
> >
> > Ok. I will do that once I figure out everything correctly because I don't
> want to commit this mistake again. :(
>

> > > Actually in the manual it was suggested to create a mirror zpool of the
> > root
> > > filesystem and then install zfs on it or create a pool on file but I
> > thought
> > > I could use the original rpool only.
> >
> > For testing, you don't need the mirror.
> > Yes, as stated above, the "thing" that will be "failed-over" is the
> > POOL. Therefore you need a pool. And you simply can't use the rpool...
> >
> > Ok. Could you suggest me how do I do that ? Or I will be consult manual
> again
> zpool create -m mountpoint pool mirror /dev/rdsk/cNtXdY \
> /dev/rdsk/cNtXdZ

You don't need a mirror for your testing purposes!

> this is the command given in the manual could you suggest me what shoud I
> give in place of cNtXdY
> and I have virtual hard disk named c7d0

You would need to ADD a second disk to your VBox setup, as I assume, that the
c7d0 is already used by the rpool.

In case. the c7d0 is NOT used in the rpool, you command would be:

zpool create -m <yourmountpointname> <yourpoolname> /dev/rdsk/c7d0

> > > Is this the reason for all problems ?
> >
> > It might be!
> >
> > > But as far as I remember display is not working since I ran scinstall and
> > > did this all zone work from the console only so I don't think this could
> > be
> > > the reason.
> >
> > That's the strange thing... But, in order to be sure, when that really
> > started, I would propose to really de-configure the actual cluster setup,
> > and
> > staring all over again (not with INSTALL, only with configuring!)
> >
> > Yes that's the most confusing thing. Ok I try doing that only now.
>
> Thank you very much for your help. :)

Again, you're welcome!

       Matthias

--