On Wednesday 14 April 2004 11:08, Jim Fulton wrote:
> I want to solve the problem of having both "zope" and "Zope".

Great! I would very much prefer a solution like that.

>  > I really
> > hope that will not be the case.
>
> Why?

I was referring to renaming "zope" to "zope3" or similar.

> > I would hate to have imports like "z3.app.foo" or even "z3.i18n".
>
> Why?

Because in general I don't like version numbers in the path. I also think that
"zope" is the only name that is 100% right on. Everything else is a
compromise I would try to avoid. We will be sorry about it later, when many
more people run Zope 3 only applications.

> What about "z.app.foo" or "z.i18n"?

The shortness of this example is very attractive, but it is still a compromise
in my opinion.

Again, I think educating is easier than anything else. People understand that
this is due to a merge of codebases and is for a transition period only. And,
the TTW scripter will not care.

Regards,
Stephan
--