Stephan Richter wrote:
[snip]
Overall, I think the first step would be to agree on a common set of UI patterns.

From what you say below I don't think we'll be able to do that very soon. :) I think we should agree to disagree for now and just see whoever gets to an admin UI first (or best).

I know that our UI patterns are very formal and an overhead, if you do both, Python view code and templating, but we also have achieved some very old design goals.

I am not capable of weighing the benefit of reaching those old design goals compared to the cost of the formality and overhead, but the words "formality and overhead" worry me a lot, especially when they come from you, as you seem to be more capable of dealing with such overhead than I am. :) I am of the strong opinion that Zope 3 would do well to move *away* from development overhead for a while. This is what we're trying to do with Grok.

By the way, I'm quite interested in seeing whether we can integrate Genshi into Zope 3 and Grok as a templating language. It has some interesting ways to do things, and there's quite a bit of momentum behind it.

Regards,

Martijn