Dieter Maurer wrote:
Jim Fulton wrote at 2006-12-19 11:54 -0500:
I made a mistake several years ago when I decided to (have Amos)
implement FTP over ZPublisher. The Zope publisher is a CGI-inspired
HTTP-based and thus stateless API. It is a poor fit for FTP and I
overgeneralized.

Why do you think so?

Because FTP is a stateful protocol and HTTP isn't.

I implemented a ZServer based NNTP server over ZPublisher
within a few days -- and did not have the feeling that
I need to stress ZPublisher.

I don't know anything about NNTP.

Instead, I was pleased that I could use authentication, request logging,
request profiling, transaction handling, error handling -- all
features either in core ZPublisher or added by us.

One could still use and benefit from many of the frameworks in Zope
without using ZPublisher.

Jim