Daniel da Veiga wrote:
I have a similar entry, but have never used the softlevel= flag, I simply append "single" at the end of the kernel call and it boots in single user (root password or ctrl+d to continue).

I did get this to work:

title Gentoo single user
kernel (hd0,0)/bzImage-2.6.38-r5-1 root=/dev/sda3 rw single

So, all I need now is to figure out how to get this work:

title Gentoo boot level
kernel (hd0,0)/bzImage-2.6.38-r5-1 root=/dev/sda3 softlevel=boot

It appears the softlevel= is no longer working with the new openrc. It looks like the docs need to be updated. I also tried init= and it doesn't work either.

Time to go farther up the food chain I guess. The docs need to be changed at least.

Dale

:-)  :-)