Hi there!

On 18 Nov 99, at 22:20, Bernhard Kaiser wrote
    about "Re[2]: (No Subject)":

> SL>     It was.  An understanding of basic UI at the level of around an AOL user
> SL> would be all that is required to deduce why the cursor is in the header field.
>
> People like Steve Lamb make it so hard for beginners to stay in this list. It is
> the arrogance of the skilled. As a beginner you just don't dare to bring a "silly"
> problem. And this is not useful for the further spreading of this good client.
> Didn't it happen so often in history of the mind, that "idiotic" ideas opened new
> horizons.

Okay, M$ *has* opened new horizons, hasn't it? They are
implementing all the idiotic ideas they find on their way, IMHO:-
) Like the results?

Second. I don't think Steve has chosen the right tone for his
recent postings to the list. It's just *my own* opinion, the official
one is up to the moderators.

Third. *I*, _personally_, like the current behaviour of the
Cursor macro. I *do* think it should work as it works right now.
And I *do* find it pretty consistent. Otherwise, this very list will
in a very short time be overfulled with complaints of the sort
"why did this damned program allow me to send the message,
when I hadn't yet filled in all the addresses I liked/changed the
subject appropriately/etc/etc/etc". This behaviour *should* be
documented, though (but this is completely other story,
anyhow).

Fourth. Let's finally stop this discussion, I (and _hopefully_
many others) have lots of other things to do other then reading
your flames, half of which I hardly understand. Either write in
"literal" English so that everyone could understand, or
communicate with each other. As I see it, this very list is pretty
multinational:-))

SY, Alex
(St.Petersburg, Russia)
--
Thought for the day:
  Be wary of strong drink. It can make you shoot at tax

---
PGP public keys on keyservers:
0xA2194BF9 (RSA);   0x214135A2 (DH/DSS)
fingerprints:
F222 4AEF EC9F 5FA6  7515 910A 2429 9CB1 (RSA)
A677 81C9 48CF 16D1 B589  9D33 E7D5 675F 2141 35A2 (DH/DSS)
---