WIthout taking a public position one way or the other, this need to be
settled in the courts so that we all have some idea of what rights we do or
do not have; we should not be required to guess about what the government
can and can't do; if we can't be trusted to know what the government can
do, then it can be argued that we have no rights. I am reminded of the
national security letters which are arguably unconstitutional, but, any
attempt to present that argument to the judicial branch can result in your
imprisonment.

my 2 cents