Rick & Others:

Time for cheese with all this whine !

I want to defend Claire's original response the posted question.

While her post may have been a wee-bit terse I did not see it as
inflammatory and she went as
far as placing an OT prefix on the subject line. While it may be easy to
slip in with the
tide of current popular opinion on this issue, from Claire's OT message it
was levity clear and simple.

Rick, you seemed to have replied to her OT message with some levity as well
?

The current trend of creating a pseudo name, IMO, is just not fair to those
on this list
who have helped so many others across the years and it irks the "old
timers".   So you want to
post a message as BOZO the clown, then go for it but be prepared for the
slings and arrows
that follow suit - that is human nature and be forewarned.

There is no way that Dan can "police" the list and restrict names that
posters may select, so like
it or not the trend will continue.  Newbie's don't know the questions so a
moment of consideration
is always followed by, can you supply us with more information?

I do miss the days when Claire posted the ARSList etiquette regularly - it
always served as a "constant"
reminder of the guidelines to socially acceptable messages that were allowed
on the list.

Gidd

  _____