It looks like we crossed replies/emails.

I am unsure what you mean by:
"
http://elinux.org/BeagleBoardDebian#Mainline_.28lts.29
<http://www.google.com/url?q=http%3A%2F%2Felinux.org%2FBeagleBoardDebian%23Mainline_.28lts.29&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFQjCNGEkPsn512mosswcdfp77ezgH42NQ>

Mainline (lts)

4.1.x BeagleBone/BeagleBone Black + SGX
--bone-kernel --lts

4.1.x BeagleBone/BeagleBone Black + RT + SGX
--bone-rt-kernel --lts

cd /opt/scripts/tools/
git pull
sudo ./update_kernel.sh <OPTIONS> "

At this time I am not sure you are implying that I need to update the
kernel, or that I need to get a different version of SGX from git. "Install
the "4.1.x" lts/bone kernel:
http://elinux.org/BeagleBoardDebian#Mainline_.28lts.29";. The kernel I am
using is 4.1.22-ti-rt-r59.
Would it be possible for you to clarify whether or not I have the right
kernel, and, if not, point me to a kernel that would allow me to install
am33x-v4.1, since this is the only version that currently works?

Regards,
JS

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/5f3d27f3-9b9d-494c-86b4-b7d30485b8a9%40googlegroups.com.