Erik Reuter wrote:

> On Mon, Jul 07, 2003 at 12:12:18AM -0400, David Hobby wrote:
>
> >       Good point.  Such beliefs are not usually based in fact, but are
> > strongly held.  So in a sense, they are based on faith.  But somehow
> > it feels like a completely different KIND of faith than the faith
> > required to believe in a god.  Help!
>
> William already pointed out that God is irrelevant to that system as
> described by Dan. But Dan did not reply.

        Yes, I've got that.  But why do we believe in "Life, liberty
and the pursuit of happiness", or whatever?  I read Dan's post as
saying that this was also  "faith".  I pretty much agree.  So how is
it different from "deistic faith"?  It does FEEL different to me,
but I can't pin down the difference.
                                        ---David