The question is "who should understand what the component does" when he
reads the component name (without any further descriptions)?

If it is software developers, then they will have no idea what
"osciloscope" means (I don't either). I only understand simple words like
Connect, Process, Store, etc. :-)

Even if osciloscope is more accurate, the question is who is the audience
for potential users of PLC4X and its sub-components.

Kai