On Sunday, 15 February 2015 at 04:38:08 UTC, Craig Dillabaugh wrote:
Just my personal opinion as one who recently finished a 200 page
thesis in Latex, and is now working for a company where we do all our internal documents in Word. Latex certainly has its ugly warts,
but it is so nice for lengthy document1.

Isn't latex for document restyling? What you would use it for? There's little time to only write the text, let alone fiddling with styles and typesetting. Word is better in this sense that it gets the end result just by saving the document.