On Thu, 13 Oct 2016, dan...@austin.rr.com wrote:

Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2016 14:57:48 +0000
From: dan...@austin.rr.com
To: "Enhanced Machine Controller (EMC)" <emc-users@lists.sourceforge.net>
Subject: Re: [Emc-users] Hacking a sim runtime mode

Well that's what I tried and described in the initial email.  100x the vel and
accel.

It ended up with a "Joint Following Error", and I'm not sure why.

Danny

Unless the stepgen steplength timing, velocity and acceleration settings
are also scaled, a joint following error should be expected.

On the other hand a sim config with no hardware makes a lot more sense for this.

If you do want a real time config thats nearly identical to a working config, you can simply loopback the position command to the position feedback and ignore the stepgen hardware entirely.