On Thu, 13 Oct 2016, dan...@austin.rr.com wrote:

Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2016 15:39:16 +0000
From: dan...@austin.rr.com
To: andy pugh <bodge...@gmail.com>
Cc: "Enhanced Machine Controller (EMC)" <emc-users@lists.sourceforge.net>
Subject: Re: [Emc-users] Hacking a sim runtime mode

It's not actually a sim profile, it's a standard profile but the motors will be disabled.
 Ultimately, it's essential to not have to switch to a "sim" for practicality.

Anyhow, yes- stepgen max stuff in the ini file also got increased by 100x.

I also thought about the odd effects if the PWM couldn't follow, so I tried decreasing DIRHOLD etc by 100x.

Danny

You probably still have something in the stepgen not scaled correctly

I just tried a real time Mesa Ethernet config with maxvel = 120000 IPM (2000 IPS = 20 MHz step rate at present 10000 steps/In scaling) and maxaccel 20000 IPS/S (52 Gs) with a 1 KHz servo thread, and it works fine (Peak following errors in the 1-2 mill region)

_But_, as I said you can just loop back the commanded to feedback positions in a real config and leave the stepgen alone for a high speed run-through

---- andy pugh <bodge...@gmail.com> wrote:
On 13 October 2016 at 15:57,  <dan...@austin.rr.com> wrote:
> Well that's what I tried and described in the initial email.  100x the vel
and accel.

> It ended up with a "Joint Following Error", and I'm not sure why.

Is the sim running a stepgen?

--
atp
lunatics."