On Tuesday 09 April 2019 22:31:26 andy pugh wrote:

> On Wed, 10 Apr 2019 at 02:33, Gene Heskett <ghesk...@shentel.net>
wrote:
> > out of the logic that determines whether the machine will run gcode
> > when that A axis has not been homed because its unplugged, off the
> > machine and stored and either is unhomed, or was never homed since
> > this power up.
>
> The simplest is probably to set it for immediate homing (home search
> velocity zero) but have it in the homing sequence.
>
> If you want it to physically home when present, but not home when
> absent, automatically, then it's harder. I imagine that some HAL logic
> to detect presence or absence

That appears to be the show stopper, unless a pyvcp button to click on
when its going to be used might be used to tally that, run the mux etc.
But that would be after the below was already initialized I think. But a
rehome after the tally was made true or false might show a way.  It will
take some imagination. Assuming the mux2 was the zero or search vel
switch, how do I get the mux2 output back into the search vel link?

And the interlock needs to know if the loaded code contains an A|B|C
move. Pretty complex...  And I'm beat up from yard work, tried to trim a
hedge that has some 40mm diameter branches. I'll hurt tomorrow, sure as
heck.

Humm, maybe I could use a timer trick like I once did in the simulation
to generate a dummy home switch.  Or a dummy search switch closure thats
actually a timedelay, I've done that so code useing a G38.2 could be
simulated.

> and a mux2 to switch between real and
> simulated home (wcomp looking at apparent position of the stepgen?)

Thats another way.  Thanks Andy.