Dear Dick,

On 23 Feb 2011, at 21:29, Dick Gordon wrote:

Dear Evgenii & Bruno,
Half tongue in cheek, in:

Tuszynski, J.A. & R. Gordon (2008). A mean field Ising model for
cortical rotation in amphibian one cell stage embryos. In. Eds.
Toronto, Society for Mathematical Biology Conference, July 30 - August
2, 2008.

Thanks for letting us know.

I used the following reasoning:

IF microtubules in the brain have coherence properties that equate to
consciousness
GIVEN that those microtubules map in the sense of a fate map from the
cortex of the one cell (amphibian) embryo to the brain
THEN we ought to be able to investigate those coherence properties
(consciousness?) in the one cell embryo.

Fits nicely with your thoughts on Paramecium, which has a cortex with
microtubules.

May be. Do you think it is a quantum computer? I have doubt but who knows. In any case I think it is plausibly Turing emulable (like quantum computing is). But again, who knows?

Best,