Peter, your comments appear to illustrate a basic confusion between
ontological and epistemological claims that makes me think that you
haven't taken on board the fundamental distinction entailed in Bruno's
original statement:

"Ontological reduction does not necessarily entail epistemological
*elimination*, but it does entail ontological *elimination*."

If we haven't resolved something so fundamental at the outset, it's no
wonder you find what I go on to say so difficult to follow.  As Bruno
implies, the whole POINT of any ontological reduction programme is
ontological elimination: it is an attempt (however incapable of final
success it may be) to distinguish what "REALLY" exists from what
"APPEARS" to exist.  Hence it is of the greatest significance that
ontological elimination doesn't also entail epistemological
elimination; i.e. even when composites seem to have been shown to have
no "really real" ontological status distinct from their components,
they nonetheless somehow stubbornly hang on to their "apparently real"
epistemological status.

The relationship to the Hard Problem should now be clear, I think: the
"zombie" is just the reduced ontology of the components, shorn of any
composite epistemology.  Since ontological reduction wants to say that
this reduced state of affairs JUST IS what the "real" situation
consists in, this shouldn't be a problem, and indeed this is the
eliminativist position, however bizarre it may seem.  However, unless
we lapse into that sort of inconsistency, it manifestly IS a problem -
i.e. the Hard one.

David