"Is it important what is in my mind when I use the words?  I don't
have to hold the whole earth or the whole solar system in my head for
them to exist."

I think your playing language games... What is this whole earth or
whole solar system to which you confidently refer? I assert they don't
exist, they never have existed, and they never will exist... They are
just your convenient fictions or prejudices... Furthermore, there
definitely is not utterly abstract totality to which you blindly refer
and abstractly project.

There is no static, objective, absolute,  truly apprehended or
comprehended "whole earth" (which includes you), this is just your
misconstrued delusion.