On Wed, Jul 6, 2011 at 3:10 PM, Constantine Pseudonymous
<bsor...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Jason, just because all those people said all that stuff doesn't mean
> any of it is true.

It's not a matter of true or false, but a matter of opinion whether one
considers the whole of reality to be God or not.  We can all agree reality
exists, perhaps we disagree on its extent or its true form, but its up to
you what you whether you consider it God.

> It seems to me that you are stringing together all these statements
> into some kind of evidence or support for a position... a faith.

Faith in the existence of reality does not require a very big leap of faith.

> One has to understand the genealogy of such notions. one needs a
> psychoanalysis or psycho-analytic reductionism.
>
> I'm not really sure what Bruno means by "computational theory of mind"

All that is meant is that the mind is a machine, which can be emulated
without requiring an infinite amount of memory or work.

> and its consequences, whether real or imaginary...
>
> but, it seems to me that you are building a kind of argument by
> authority... i.e. all these different people agree on these points
> therefore there must be something to them.

What argument do you presume me to be making?