On 01 Aug 2011, at 01:12, Craig Weinberg wrote:

I think that the act of not committing himself to anything beyond the
terms of his theory is an unscientific, and arbitrarily sentimental
commitment.

Not in science. We put the cart of the table. This does not mean we can believe in many other things, except than in a the seravh of a fundamental theory, we will distinguish the basic term of the ontology (like 0, s(0), s(s(0)), ... in arithmetic) and the epistemology, described by more complex relation between numbers (from being prime to being the Gödel number of Craig Weinberg's instantaneous computational state at some level when reading this post).