On 01 Aug 2011, at 01:12, Craig Weinberg wrote:

I'm not sure, I just have a hunch. Must there not be an opposite of a
Turing machine? That's what I would use to emulate the material

That happens with comp too, if you grasp the seventh UDA step. Our first person experience are distributed in a non computable way in the universal dovetailing.

You have a good intuition, but you assume much to much. The goal is to explain the sense and matter without assuming sense nor matter (but accepting the usual phenomenology of it, which is what we need to search an explanation for).