On Aug 1, 2:33 pm, Bruno Marchal <marc...@ulb.ac.be> wrote:
> On 01 Aug 2011, at 01:12, Craig Weinberg wrote:
>
> > What would be the part of a burning log that you need to emulate to
> > preserve it's fire?
>
> What you call fire is a relation between an observer and fire, and
> what you need consists in emulating the fire and the observers at his
> right substitution level (which comp assumes to exist).
>
> Jason and Stathis have already explain this more than one time, I think.

The explanations I've heard so far are talking about something like
virtualized fire and a virtualized observer. I'm asking about how
would you emulate fire so that it burns like fire to all observers
that fire exists for. It needs to burn non-virtualized paper. Heat
homes, etc. How does arithmetic do that, and if it can't why is that
not directly applicable to consciousness?