On 3/22/2012 1:49 PM, Craig Weinberg wrote:
On Mar 22, 10:46 am, John Clark<johnkcl...@gmail.com>  wrote:
>  On Wed, Mar 21, 2012 at 10:00 PM, Craig Weinberg<whatsons...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>  >  How does a digital artificial intelligence make sense of it's world
>
>  Superbly! A digital AI can make sense of it's world far better than you
>  can; if you doubt that statement just try competing against even a modest
>  chess playing computer.
My question was not 'How can AI make sense of its world?' but 'How can
AI make sense of its world without converting or sampling digitally?'

>  >  >  without converting or sampling every truth about that world available
>  >  it into digital?
>
>  It does convert much of its world to digital, if its world is large it may
>  not be able to convert all of it with the result that it won't be able to
>  make sense of all of it,
Then you agree with me: AI cannot make sense out of its world without
converting or sampling it digitally. That which it fails to digitize
is lost.

Sure. What you don't see you don't see - which is almost all of the EM spectrum. Of course Bruno's theory is that it's all digital, but we're within the digits and cannot capture more than a measure zero.