From: John Clark
Receiver: everything-list
Time: 2012-08-15, 11:39:24
Subject: Re: Is the Turing machine like a tabla rasa ?

On Tue, Aug 14, 2012? Roger <rclo...@verizon.net> wrote:

?> What is it that Locke and Hume claimed ?

Who cares? Today a bright high school physics or biology student understands
far more about the inter workings of the universe than either Locke or Hume.

> Turing machines cannot experience life. They can only experience 0s and 1s.

And you can only experience the firings of the neurons in your brain and
Shakespeare only produced a sequence of ASCII characters. Do you fine anything
a bit simplistic in this worldview? ?

? John K Clark