Hi Richard,

Pratt's theory does not address this. Could emergence be the result of inter-communications between monads and not an objective process at all? It is useful to think about how to solve the Sorites paradox to see what I mean here. A heap is said to emerge from a collection of grains, but is there a number or discrete or smooth process that generates the heap? No! The heap is just an abstract category that we assign. It is a name.