Roger,

Well, regarding human consciousness,
I believe that our subsconscious contains an invisible intelligence
that seems to provide answers that we cannot figure out consciously.

Call it the soul if you wish, or the higher self,
but may I suggest that that entity may have contact with the supernatural
and the wealth of information I suspect it contains, like Platonia..
Richard