There is a human nature, and therefore a social nature with invariants.

 in computational terms, the human mind is a collection or hardwired
programs. codified by a developmental program, codified itself by a genetic
program, which incidentally is a 90% identical in all humans (this is an
amazing homogeneity for a single specie).

These hardwired programs create behaviours in humans, that interact in a
social environment. By game theory, you can verify that there are Nash
equilibriums among these human players. These optimums of well being for
all withing the constraints of human nature called nash equilibriums are
the moral code.

These equilibriums are no sharp maximums, but vary slightly according with
the social coordinates. They are lines of surface maximums. These maximums
are know by our intuition because we have suffered social selection, so a
knowledge of them are intuitive.  That we have suffered social selection
means that the groups of hominids or the individual hominids whose conducts
were away from the nash equilibriums dissapeared.  To be near these
equilibriums was an advantage so we have these hardwired intuitions, that
the greeks called Nous and the chistians call soul.

What happens a broad variety of  moral behaviours are really the expression
of the same moral code operating in different circunstances where the
optimum has been displaced. There are very interesting studies, for example
in foundational book of evolutionary psychology "The adapted mind"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Adapted_Mind

about in which circunstances a mother may abandon his newborn child in
extreme cases (In the study about pregnancy sickness). This would be at the
extreme of the social spectrum: In the contrary in a affluent society close
to ours, the rules are quite "normal". Both the normal behaviour or the
extreme behaviour is created by the same basic algoritm of
individual/social optimization. No matter if we see this from a dynamic way
(contemplating the variations and extremes) or a static one contemplating a
"normal" society, the moral is a unique, universal rule system.  Thanks to
the research on evolution applied to huumans, computer science and game
theory, It is a rediscovered fact of human nature and his society, that
await  a development of evolutionary morals