Hi Stephen P. King

Yes, "actual" is much better than "exist". Good.

I suppose I could say I have actual thoughts, but
that's I believe a misnaming.

There is a similar or even identical idea that goes back Aristotle.

en穞el積穋hy  (n-tl-k)
n. pl. en穞el積穋hies
1. In the philosophy of Aristotle, the condition of a thing whose essence is
fully realized; actuality.
2. In some philosophical systems, a vital force that directs an organism toward
self-fulfillment.
[Late Latin entelecha, from Greek entelekheia : entels, complete (en-, in; see
en-2 + telos, completion; see kwel-1 in Indo-European roots) + ekhein, to have;
see segh- in Indo-European roots.]

entelechy [?n't?l?k?]
n pl -chies Metaphysics
1. (Philosophy) (in the philosophy of Aristotle) actuality as opposed to
potentiality
2. (Philosophy) (in the system of Leibnitz) the soul or principle of perfection
of an object or person; a monad or basic constituent
3. (Philosophy) something that contains or realizes a final cause, esp the
vital force thought to direct the life of an organism

Roger Clough, rclo...@verizon.net
9/24/2012