On 17 Oct 2012, at 17:04, Craig Weinberg wrote:

On Wednesday, October 17, 2012 10:16:52 AM UTC-4, Bruno Marchal wrote:

On 16 Oct 2012, at 18:56, Craig Weinberg wrote:

Two men and two women live together. The woman has a child. 2+2=5

You mean two men + two women + a baby = five persons.

You need the arithmetical 2+2=4, and 4+1 = 5, in your "argument".

Bruno

I only see that one person plus another person can eventually equal three or more people.

With the operation of sexual reproduction, not by the operation of addition.

It depends when you start counting and how long it takes you to finish.

It depends on what we are talking about. Person with sex is not numbers with addition.

You are just changing definition, not invalidating a proof (the proof that 2+2=4, in arithmetic).

Bruno

Craig

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Everything List" group. To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msg/everything-list/-/QjkYW9tKq6EJ .