On Sat, Oct 13, 2012 Craig Weinberg <whatsons...@gmail.com> wrote:

 > Since we know that our consciousness

You don't know diddly squat about "our consciousness", you only know about
your consciousness; assuming of course that you are conscious, if not then
you don't even know that.

> is exquisitely sensitive to particular masses of specific chemicals, yet
> relatively tolerant of other kinds of chemical changes,

And a computer is exquisitely sensitive to particular voltages and not
sensitive at all to other voltages that don't make the threshold.

> it suggests that we should strongly suspect that COMP is a fantasy.

And so the computer strongly suspects that biological consciousness is a
fantasy.

  John K Clark