On 11/4/2012 9:45 AM, Bruno Marchal wrote:

On 03 Nov 2012, at 13:06, Stephen P. King wrote:

On 11/3/2012 6:08 AM, Bruno Marchal wrote:
Dear Bruno,

No, that cannot be the case since statements do not even exist if the framework or theory that defines them does not exist, therefore there is not 'truth' for a non-exitence entity.

Brent already debunked this. The truth of a statement does not need the existence of the statement. You confuse again the truth of 1+1=2, with a possible claim of that truth, like "1+1=2".

Horsefeathers <http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/horsefeathers>! How is the truth of an arithmetic statement separable from any claim of that truth?

Explain me how the truth of an arithmetical truth depends on its being claimed or not.

Hi Bruno,

I am using the possibility of a claim to make my argument, not any actual instance of a claim. There is a difference. In comp there are claims that such and such know or believe or bet. I am trying to widen our thinking of how the potentials of acts is important.

What is the possible value of a statement that we can make no claims about?

We can make claim about them, but we don't need to do that for them being true or false.

    Who are the "we" that you refer to?

Onward!

Stephen