On 11/5/2012 1:17 PM, Roger Clough wrote:
Hi Stephen P. King
I have no problem with that, although
I do think that there are some eternal truths
external to those minds.

Dear Roger,

OK, but what allows those 'external truths" to be knowable? Maybe they are unknowable and if so what difference does their existence make? Think about what my claim below implies as we take the number of minds to infinity. Does the truth value increase to certainty of an arbitrary statement or not? Is it possible for an infinite number of minds to agree on the truth value of more than one sentence?

Roger Clough, rclo...@verizon.net <mailto:rclo...@verizon.net>
11/5/2012

    *From:* Stephen P. King <mailto:stephe...@charter.net>
    *Receiver:* everything-list <mailto:everything-list@googlegroups.com>
    *Time:* 2012-11-03, 13:31:14
    *Subject:* Re: Emergence of Properties

    On 11/3/2012 8:57 AM, Roger Clough wrote:
    The properties of spacetime things are what can be measured (ie facts).
    The properties of beyond spacetime things are propositions that can't be
contradicted (necessary truths).
    Hi Roger,

        I do not assume that the "can't be contradicted" is an a
    priori fixed apartheid on truths. I define necessary truths to be
    contingent on _many minds_ in agreement.

Onward!

Stephen