On 11/7/2012 1:14 AM, Jason Resch wrote:

    But it's hard to see what 1/pi of a duplicate would be.

I am not sure I understand what you mean.  Where do you get 1/Pi from?  What is
your point?

That QM predicts probabilities other than 1/2, 1/3, 2/3 and other simple fractions. So an interpretation of the Born rule in terms of 'duplications' can require arbitrarily many 'duplications' in a single measurement; as when the probability is a transcendental number.