On Fri, Nov 2, 2012 at 9:07 AM, John Clark <johnkcl...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Nov 1, 2012 at 5:19 PM, Jason Resch <jasonre...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> > If you are the experimenter what can physics tell you about the particle's
>> > half life?  It is not implied by the laws of physics because there are
>> > many laws of physics.  Until the experiment is performed, even the laws of
>> > physics are not in stone.  This is a main point of Bruno's result: physics
>> > is not at the bottom of the explanatory ladder, the laws of physics depend
>> > on the distribution of observers similar to your current state of mind
>> > throughout its infinite manifestations in reality.
>

> Physics is at the bottom of all non-mathematical things that have an
> explanation, but we now know that some things have no explanation. We now
> know that some things are random.

Here you accept there is inherent randomness.

Where do you think this randomness comes from?

Do you think it is an objective feature of reality or only an illusion
for observers?

On Tue, Nov 6, 2012 at 12:45 PM, John Clark <johnkcl...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 6, 2012  Bruno Marchal <marc...@ulb.ac.be> wrote:
>

>> > I don't see this at all. After the duplication all the John Clark realise
>> > that they are in only one city, and that they were unable to predict which
>> > one. So both of them understand that this peculiar experience was not
>> > predicable.
>

> Wrong! John Clark correctly predicted that the Moscow man would see Moscow
> and the Washington man would see Moscow. John Clark doesn't understand what
> more should be expected of a prediction;

If you have ever played a game like poker, you would see predictions
all the time of the form: there is X% chance you experience winning
the the pot and (1-X)% chance you experience losing or sharing the
pot.  You won't play the game very well if you operate under the
theory that there is a 100% chance that you will experience winning,
losing, and sharing the pot (as some of your duplicates in the
multiverse inevitably do).

Jason