On 08 Nov 2012, at 18:36, John Clark wrote:

On Thu, Nov 8, 2012  Jason Resch <jasonre...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> it is still not clear who "you" refers to and that is why pronouns should not be used. If "you" refers to the Helsinki man then "you" will experience no city at all because according to Bruno Marchal's thought experiment the Helsinki man is destroyed.

> This contradicts the time you agreed that one can survive via duplication.

But it's Bruno's thought experiment and Bruno is the one who said the Helsinki man is no more,

I never said that, as this would contradicts comp at the start.

John Clark is just trying to figure out who the hell "you" is.

That is a wonderful topics, but you don't need it to predict waht you will live when undergoing a self-duplication experience. Whoever you will feel to be, it will be something non predictable.

When Bruno says "the Helsinki man is destroyed" John Clark interprets that to mean that survival has continued and nobody has died but nobody is experiencing Helsinki anymore either;

Yes.

If Bruno means something else by "the Helsinki man is destroyed" let him speak up now and clear things up.

It means that the body read in Helsinki is annihilated, after the scanning has been completed.