From: Craig Weinberg <whatsons...@gmail.com>
To: everything-list <everything-list@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Sun, Dec 16, 2012 3:05 pm
Subject: Re: Progressives and social darwinism

On Sunday, December 16, 2012 2:47:54 PM UTC-5, Stephen Paul King wrote:

On 12/16/2012 1:42 PM, meekerdb wrote:

On 12/15/2012 10:20 PM, Stephen P. King wrote:
  I guess preventing women from learning to read is good in Afghanistan, even
though it's bad here.  So it's rational when you agree with the conclusion and
rationalization when you don't.

Brent

    No, it is not! Where are people in power in the US preventing women from
learning to read in the US? What "Power" is needs to be precisely defined.
Arguments from unreal hypotheticals are always fallacious.

What hypothetical??  Women ARE prevented from learning to read in Afghanistan
and we DO think it would be a bad thing to keep women from learning to read
here.

    Is the average US citizen the cause of the actions of the average Teleban
member in Afghanistan? What is the relation between some activity in
Afghanistan and in "somewhere we are". This is an equivocation, thus a rubbish
argument.

Eh, there is a direct relation. After WW.II, The US and other world powers have
been playing Chess with the Third World. Toppling democracies, installing
puppet regimes. That's pretty much the CIAs function. The actual history is
interesting.. the Oliver Stone series on Showtime right now is pretty
informative. Why were we messing with the governments if Iran, Guatemala,
Indonesia, Vietnam, Congo, Afghanistan? Why did the average citizens of those
countries pose a threat to the oil companies and agribusiness?

Craig

--
nward!
Stephen