On Sunday, December 16, 2012 3:19:54 PM UTC-5, spudb...@aol.com wrote:

> The assumption here is that Oliver Stone is presenting verifiable history,
> rather then his own, Neo-marxist "Theory" of history. That the Third World
> (an invented word of the Left) is deserving of deep respect, and is
> presumed blameless in all things, as well. I notice the avoidance of
> blaming Islamists for jihad actions in the world, or do you feel we should
> have sued the Afghan government in the Hague, rather then invade? Secondly,
> in Afghanistan, should we have allowed the Soviets to remain unchallenged
> during their involvement there? Another element of the neo-Marxist is to
> avoid speaking to Soviet actions in the world that was.

It just depends what we want to do. If we want to try to be the last empire
on Earth, then we should continue lying, cheating, and bombing the most
territories that we can into submission and hold on to it as long as we
can. If we do that, the current trend of degradation and corruption will
likely be amplified and we will go the way of all failed civilizations. If
we took another route and rolled back the empire, then we would have a lot
of intense social dislocation and readjustment but ultimately maybe have a
chance of joining the rest of the world as an equal partner nation.

If you know of anything that Stone is presenting that is false I would be
interested in hearing what that is. While he is obviously presenting his
narrative of what happened, he makes no secret of it. I don't think that
any of the events he depicts are in dispute. I will say that he
de-emphasizes the transgressions which do not support his narrative, but it
is ridiculous to say that these Neolithic-hut dwelling people did something
to deserve being invaded and destabilized by American black ops.

Craig