On 12/16/2012 3:05 PM, Craig Weinberg wrote:

On Sunday, December 16, 2012 2:47:54 PM UTC-5, Stephen Paul King wrote:

    On 12/16/2012 1:42 PM, meekerdb wrote:
    On 12/15/2012 10:20 PM, Stephen P. King wrote:
      I guess preventing women from learning to read is good in
    Afghanistan, even though it's bad here.  So it's rational when
    you agree with the conclusion and rationalization when you don't.

    Brent

        No, it is not! Where are people in power in the US
    preventing women from learning to read in the US? What "Power"
    is needs to be precisely defined. Arguments from unreal
    hypotheticals are always fallacious.

    What hypothetical??  Women ARE prevented from learning to read in
    Afghanistan and we DO think it would be a bad thing to keep women
    from learning to read here.

        Is the average US citizen the cause of the actions of the
    average Teleban member in Afghanistan? What is the relation
    between some activity in Afghanistan and in "somewhere we are".
    This is an equivocation, thus a rubbish argument.

Eh, there is a direct relation. After WW.II, The US and other world powers have been playing Chess with the Third World. Toppling democracies, installing puppet regimes. That's pretty much the CIAs function. The actual history is interesting.. the Oliver Stone series on Showtime right now is pretty informative. Why were we messing with the governments if Iran, Guatemala, Indonesia, Vietnam, Congo, Afghanistan? Why did the average citizens of those countries pose a threat to the oil companies and agribusiness?

Craig

OH, I get it! The fact that I am born in the US makes me guilty of a crime for which I must pay restitution. Nice! What a nice con. Get people to believe that they owe you money and then sit back and collect checks. Sweet!

--
Onward!

Stephen