On 21 Jan 2013, at 22:38, meekerdb wrote:

On 1/21/2013 9:36 AM, Bruno Marchal wrote:

Well, scientists are "current theologians". But as such they are less modern than the greeks. In particular, they hide the metaphysical hypotheses.

Because they've found that it is better to start from observation and to make progress where it can be tested rather than assuming some overarching metaphysics and then fighting wars over who's metaphysics is right.

If only they did that. Well, the real scientists do such a thing, and that is why my work did not make any problem for scientists, only philosophers, except the vindictive atheists, who, at least in Brussels and Paris, just ridiculed themselves, as it was clear they were the "religious dogmatic" person.

But some scientists also repeat, without knowing, the critics done by such pseudo-religious person. Perhaps they just want to defend the actual curriculum, with a neat separation between soft and hard science. I don't know, because they never accept to meet, or to come to a conference and make a critics in public. They don't because they are not even aware of what I wrote at all.

Science is agnostic on both primary matter and most (non fairy tale) notion of "God". Scientists who pretend the contrary are pseudo- religious believer in 2/3 or 3/3 of Aristotle theology, and they are just shocked with the idea that primary matter might be the next phlogiston. Actually such scientists seem to be not aware of the difference between primary matter and matter, and they have never read any theologians, so ...