On Wed, Jan 23, 2013 at 4:22 PM, Craig Weinberg <whatsons...@gmail.com>wrote:

> > Genesis doesn't say anything about God being grand and complex as far as
> I know.

It certainly says God is grand and if it didn't say that a omnipotent being
was complex it certainly should have. And Darwin provided a real
explanation, he didn't just say that complex life evolved from much simpler
life, he provided the engine, he explained how the mechanism works.

But exactly how did God create the heavens and the earth? Genesis doesn't
say, and that's why Genesis explains absolutely nothing; it might as well
have just said "stuff happens" for all the enlightenment it brought.

> >It's a three letter word and it is not explained at all,

I know. That's the problem.

> so how complex could it be?

Infinitely, and that's a 10 letter word.

> Isn't God just supposed to be "I am that I am."?

I believe so. I'm not sure of the exact verse but it's somewhere in the
Bible, I think it's in The Book Of Popeye   "I yam what I yam and I yam
what I yam that I yam".

> > Had Gutenberg printed the Origin of Species instead of a Bible, printing
> probably would not have caught on with the public.

Had Gutenberg printed the Origin of Species Gutenberg would have been
slowly burned alive by the church. Do you have any reason for defending the
barbaric actions of this institution other than the fact that I don't like
it?

> I doubt that most televangelists have even studied theology.

You can study mythology or you can study the appalling behavior of
primitive bronze age tribes but there is nothing in theology to study.
There is no field, there is no there there.

  John K Clark