On Thu, Jan 24, 2013 at 4:03 PM, Jason Resch <jasonre...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I agree with Craig.  The concept of divine simplicity exists in several
> religions

And in those religions how did a simpleton God make life? Darwin provided
the mechanism by which Evolution did it,  so those religions need to
explain exactly how the invisible man in the sky did it.

> > Of course, the whole question of what is simple and what is complex
> requires a definition of complexity.  The universal dovetailer is a simple
> program, yet it generates all programs.  The Mandlebrot set has a simple
> definition, but is infinitely detailed.  Pi has a simple definition, but an
> infinite expansion of digits. So apparent complexity, of a universe, a
> world, etc. need not be dependent on complex underlying principles or
> systems.

If you don't like the simple-complex dimension use the humble-grand
dimension. The Bible says something grand made something humble and it
doesn't say how so it explains nothing; Darwin says something humble made
something grand and the best part is he said how it did in, and that is a
explanation worthy of the name.

  John K Clark