Thanks. The below shows it would be impossible for us to have a rational discussion on the subject and therefore we need not waste any electrons on the subject.

If in the future you change your mind and are interested in discussing the merits/properties/purpose of a possibly true and rational religion (which I define simply as a set of beliefs) we can do so.

Jason

On Jan 25, 2013, at 9:55 AM, John Clark <johnkcl...@gmail.com> wrote:

On Thu, Jan 24, 2013  Jason Resch <jasonre...@gmail.com> wrote:

> how do you define the word "religion"?

re·li·gion  [ri-lij-uhn]

1 n. A theological fungus that thrives best in the dark and when fed by bullshit.

2 Believing what you know ain't so.

3 The boast of the man who is too lazy to investigate.

4 Religion is to rationality as horseshit is to horsepower.

  John K Clark