On 2/26/2013 4:50 AM, Bruno Marchal wrote:
That does not work. We belong automatically to an infinity of computations. With comp, the physical reality is unique, and derivable from 0, s, + and * (and the usual axioms). But cosmos or branch of a multiverse can be numerous, but before they differentiated, we are in all of them.

That raises questions like, "Where were we when dinosaurs roamed the Earth?" Or more generally does the physics of every universe consistent with comp include quasi-classical physics? It seems that it is necessary for brains to exist and to have the ideas on which comp is based. Are we to regard this as just a fortunate anthropic accident?