On 03 May 2013, at 03:49, Stephen Paul King wrote:

Hi Brent,

I agree 99.999999% with you here! I only differ in saying that the "copy" process is not exact and thus is equivalent to a "write".

They are transcriptase reverse enzymes, so a case can be made for writing. There would be no DANA at all, if there were no some form of writing. Then mutations, errors, can be seen as variant of writing. Genetic regulation implements "if-then-else", and even Turing universality. A bacteria is already a sophisticated universal "Turing" machine (or equivalent) at the least.

Bruno